We have one of the most qualified and specialist private client teams in the area. Many of our solicitors are either STEP (Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners) qualified. members of STEP. STEP is a globally recognised professional qualification for a lawyer dealing with Wills, Trusts and Estates and requires additional study in this specialism.
Probate is the process of obtaining legal authority to deal with someone’s estate and assets after they have died. We are on hand to clearly explain and assist you in understanding what needs to happen next. We will support and help you deal with complex affairs or more straightforward estates. We can guide you through the probate process whether a Will was left or not.
Services we offer:
- Applying for a Grant of Probate (where there is a will)
- Obtaining Letters of Administration (where there is no will)
- Inheritance tax issues and factors such as agricultural and business property relief
- Protecting assets and maximising value where possible
- Anticipating and resolving problems so that the estate is dealt with sensitively and efficiently.
- Obtaining a specialist grant for specific purposes which may be needed urgently such as a grant de bonis non or grant ad colligenda bona.
- Advising you as a beneficiary if you think the executor is not dealing with an estate properly.
- Advising you as an executor particularly in complex matters where the will or intentions of the deceased may not be clear.
- Advising where there are assets outside of the UK.
- Advising in respect of complex wills and estates including those involving trusts or complicated assets or structures.
Speak to: Clare Love, Mark Hutchinson-Lyons, Hayley Housley, Helen McCabe, Liz Byrne, Laura Brereton, Bethany Woods or Tom Bentley